Coloured & Glitter Gels Application Guide
- Start by removing any nail polish or any impurities on the surface of the natural nail using 100% pure acetone on a lint-free pad.
- Then start by pushing the cuticles back and removing any dead skin/cuticle that may be on the surface of the nail plate.
- Gently file over the natural nail with 180 grit file to remove the surface shine.
- File the free edge into the desired shape (moving in a one-way direction to ensure no damage is caused).
- Brush off any dust using a dusting brush.
- Wipe over the nail plate in a backwards motion (towards the cuticle) with pure acetone to remove any excess dust/ oils.
- Use a dehydrator and an acid-free primer to prep the nail ( this step is not essential however for maximum adhesion this step can help).
- Choose your desired base coat ( please see below for our range of base coats)
- Rubber base – Recommended for clients with weaker nails, rubber base coat Is perfect for added strength and for an LBG application.
- 2in1 base – this is the perfect base coat to ensure long-lasting colour gel nails, the consistency of this gel is thinner however will work alongside the colour gel for longer lasting nails.
- Tulip rubber base – Recommended to use as a base coat for lighter colours, this nude base coat will help lighter / pastel colours become more opaque. This will also provide the same benefits as our regular rubber base.
- White rubber base - – Recommended to use as a base coat for lighter colours, this white base coat will help lighter / pastel colours become more opaque. This will also provide the same benefits as our regular rubber base.
- Apply a thin layer of your chosen base coat ( from the cuticle to the free edge ) ensure the free edge is fully capped.
- Cure under a UV/LED lamp for 60 seconds in a 48w lamp (some lamps may differ)
- You will now be ready for the next stage of your application.
- Apply a thin layer of your chosen colour, work from the cuticle to the free edge and make sure this layer is evenly distributed across the nail plate. (Ensure the free edge is fully capped)
- Always ensure you clean any imperfections off of the skin before each layer is cured.
- Cure under a UV/LED lamp for 30 seconds in a 48w lamp (some lamps may differ)
- Repeat this process for a second time and cure.
- Please note that some gels can require a further layer depending on the desired look however it is very important to do more layers rather than applying your coat thick as this can result in lifting.
- Once cured you will now be ready for a top coat.