- Start by removing any nail polish or any impurities on the surface of the natural nail using 100% pure acetone on a lint-free pad.
- Then start by pushing the cuticles back and removing any dead skin/cuticle that may be on the surface of the nail plate.
- Gently file over the natural nail with 180 grit file to remove the surface shine.
- File the free edge into the desired shape (moving in a one-way direction to ensure no damage is caused).
- Brush off any dust using a dusting brush.
- Wipe over the nail plate in a backwards motion (towards the cuticle) with pure acetone to remove any excess dust/ oils.
- Use a dehydrator and an acid-free primer to prep the nail ( this step is not essential however for maximum adhesion this step can help).
- You will now be ready to apply your base coat layer
- Always be cautious and gentle with your nails 24-48 hours after they have been applied although they will be fully dry, they still need this time to fully bond to the natural nail. ( using cuticle oil regularly will help seal the nails)
- Always use pure acetone to remove your nails, never pull them off yourself, for further advice we would always recommend contacting your salon for the correct removal advise or alternatively contact a professional for the removal.
- Avoid using any products containing Lanolin or Mineral Oil these are usually found in moisturiser, sun cream or tanning products. This can cause separation from the product and natural nail resulting in lifting.
- If there are any signs of lifting or damage to the nails contact your salon as soon as possible, water and bacteria can accumulate under lifted nails and cause further damage.
- Use cuticle oil twice a day to ensure your nails and skin stay healthy and hydrated.
Back to Application Guides